• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

breeding season woes

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well im knee deep in tegus that are approaching their first breeding season, they dont know what to do lol, which is good because they are for sure getting seperated this week before they can figure it out. storms marking everything, constantly urineing and whiping it everywere, jowl popping ect. rose childers aka ramblingrose believes rayne may be filling up with follicles, she's become very pissy lately, she stays in her hide and only comes out to eat, for the first time yesterday i took them outside and she had no interest in going outside, instead she stayed inside the hallway and found herself a corner behind the shovels and noone was allowed in it, she chased storm off and huffed and puffed up at me when i came near, she's been eating tons lately and gained a lot of weight, so heres to the start of the terrible 2's

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I hope not, inside the enclosure she's fine with storm except that one occaision which was really my faulf because I really think she tried to tag me, wenesday I'm really hoping to start Nice enclosure just for her, its really outside the enclosure in this one particular corner its like she I in nesting mode and guarding it, she isn't wide like a gravid female but she is definately about twice her weight say 2 mos. Ago

naturboy87

sounds like she should lay soon Roxy is acting the same way but her and Diesel have alredy mated like 2 weeks ago or so .

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rayne will be 2 in june

They havnt mated, trust me for the past 3 mos. While schools been out I'm here 24/7, i'd know

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
All it takes is half an hour to an hour unattended... If you haven't been out for that long then it's odd that you manage to sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, and all that other fun stuff people do lol. Just saying, it's totally possible bordering on probable that she's gravid.

naturboy87

Roxy and Diesel mated at night in thier den i know becus of the hold markes on the neck frum it same as was Diesel and Purl ... and i take them out side every day and inspect them befor leting them down . its not much just a few prics but u know wut went down . but u should be able to feal them with your hand but their hard to see . im no expert just frum my experences ...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm about 99% sure they havnt bred, for one even if I was sleep when they move around in their hide the whole house can hear it, 2 storm maybe able to breed but I can tell you he hasn't figured it out yet, 3, I'm 110% sure she isn't gravid after 3 weeks I would(as natur boy stated) be able to feel them, I checked and still nothing, I'm sure she's just in A pissy mood because she's new to this, besides they are now back sleeping in the same hide, her temp enclosure should be getting picked up tomorrow, its a bit small but it should work for the next 6-8wks, but if my a miracle she is gravid them god help me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029