• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Brentwood mom finds snake sleeping in crib with baby

erk

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-lisnak0610,0,5427798.story">http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-li ... 7798.story</a><!-- m -->

Beazer

5 Year Member
We use to get those in my backyard aaaallll the time. Babies to adults. But since developement has pretty much taken over AZ I haven't seen any around my house. I even kinda noticed out herping I dont see as many. Cute little guys lol.

-Jon DeLong

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Haha Brentwood is right near where my parents live!

But seriously, I watched the little video, and they were saying since it is an "exotic" animal it cannot be handled or adopted out. That seems just crazy to me, as though a baby cal-king is gunna hurt anyone? It deserves a permanent home...

Srakha

5 Year Member
I nearly emailed them and asked if they could ship it here! Cute lil guy. Just another example of how people overreact when they see a snake.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jeez, man....an exotic? Not adoptable? It's a friggin' Cali-King!

Not handleable my butt.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Wow, they act as though it's poisonous. Gah, study up on your animals if you want to be an animal control officer...
My step-dad has a freakin' 6 ft female cali-king right now...it's gorgeous. HUGE king too.

Shannon

5 Year Member
I just got a baby Cal-King at the Hamburg show this past saturday. She's 11 inches long and very chill. I got her for $35...not bad i think. I'm keeping her in a 20 gallon long tank with several hides and paper towels for substrate. She's so tiny that I'm gonna have a hard time finding small enough pinkies in my breeding colony. Hopefully one of the female mice are pregnant. I had to kill off the rest of the mature males because we have so many mice. I'll probably end up freezing the pinkies I have now so they dont get too big to feed to her next week. We'll see what happens i guess...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AWWW, we were planning on going to the Hamburg show but we couldn't justify the 4 hour drive each way (and the gas). I hope you had a good time.

Shannon

5 Year Member
Yeah it was fun. The only thing was that it was very hot in there. I also saw a monitor of some sort in the same plastic tub as a B+W Argentine Tegu... the Tegu didn't look very happy and the monitor was trying to get out the whole time. They had a lot of columbian tegus there. The only Argentine's I saw were adults or almost adults. Lots of beautiful snakes as always. There was a gut selling tempguns there for $25, so I got one of those.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm glad we didn't go. We went last august and MAN WAS IT HOT!!!!!!!!!! 90 degrees and high humidity.

The "Hots" are always cool to look at!

The TempGun is a great tool.

HazyRep

5 Year Member
California King...an exotic?
Seriously? Whoever's going to talk about the snake, should KNOW something. I know they have to have a least one person in that animal control who knows reptiles. Just one? Come on...

Dangerous? Oh yes, very...about as dangerous as a corn snake of the same size. XD

Jeez...people...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980