• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Brining Tegus out of burmation

Orion

5 Year Member
My Tegus did not hibernate last year and it looked like that nothing was going happen this year either. They did start to slow down a little in November and my females were spending a couple days at a time in their hides/dens. My male has only been down one day. The females only take a bite of food once a week or more. The male eats small amounts every other day and sometimes daily. The male is house trained has been outside for 30 minutes or so a couple times in the last week since we have been having nice weather. I need some advice on if now is a good time to start warming them up and bringing them out of burmation. The basking temps are 89 to 90 degrees, ambient cage temp cool side is 70 and goes down to 60 degrees at night with the rest of the cage.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would say yes, your tegus sound a lot. Likemines lol, male up almost daily, female sleep a lot and their eating habits, I bumped my temps up a lil over 2 weeks ago, my girl is eating more but stil not at her full capacity, storm is at his full blown capacity now up eating everyday large amounts at a time, I say go for it if they appear to begin waking up a bit moe often than usual

Orion

5 Year Member
Thanks, I have added another basking light in each cage and I will start to extend their hours in a week or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980