• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Brumation and Tegu Relationship Questions

jrdr374

Hey all,
My girl, who's about 30 inches long, went down for brumation in mid-October. It's my first time having my pet brumate, and so far it looks like it's going well. She doesn't look dehydrated or like she's losing any weight with how little she eats nowadays, but my question has more to do with our trust relationship. I spent months from when I got her in March working and taming and playing with her, and she's been great, but it's been more than a month since the last time I pulled her out of her cage and actually petted her, or any sort of interaction. It feels pretty rude to go wake her up, too, but I keep worrying that when she wakes up in the spring, that she's going to forget completely about me and I'll have a very grumpy lizard on my hands. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Meganann

I am having the same issue right now with mine if anyone could shed some light on this situation that would be great !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980