• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

brumation/hibernation

CrankbaitJedi

My large female went down in late September in 2010 and didn't get up til April. This year, she is still up and eating ALL MY FOOD!!! I didn't plan for her big appetite to stay up this long. Booooooo! Hehehehehe.

since the colder months are coming i have noticed my giant tegu(blizzard) has been sleeping more and eating less. on the other hand my normal(balder) has been as active as ever. this will be the first year i have had a tegu thats not a columbian that is nearing hibernation. im trying to determine if either one of them is going into brumation or hibernation. have any of my fellow members noted any signs of either one starting?

I'm going through the same thing I have a Blue Tegu that is slow down slow down on eating and sleeps for days at a time.

Attachments

• 20200813_092149.jpg
    20200813_092149.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980