• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bunkbed Cage

crox

5 Year Member
I'm planning on building a 7x4x3 cage for my B&W tegu I'm getting from bobby. I requested a female. :app

My original plan was to build a 6x3x3 cage, but a good friend (and the guy who's gonna help me build it) had a crazy idea today. We were in my room looking for a way to move everything around to fit the cage. when we realized my bed is 6x4!!!

So he suggested i invest a little more money in the project to make the cage larger and add more support to be strong enough to have my mattress on top of my tegu cage.

It would save me a ton of space and it would allow me to give new bestfriend room to move around. I might even be able to extend it to 8 feet long. (my room's ten feet long)

So if you've made it this far my question is this : "What would it take to build a cage strong enough to rest my bed on"It has to be past the point of any doubt.

Thanks a lot everyone!
-crox

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have an much more easy way, just let the tegu sleep with you. :shock: Just kidding, :lol:

I do not know how you would do it, but I am sure it can be done. :)

31drew31

5 Year Member
One of the members on this forum did this exact thing just a little while ago. His username is omgtaylorg . Im sure he will comment and give you some ideas.

The captain

5 Year Member
Im going to follow this thread, i too was thinking of doing a bed frame cage, but i just dont know about lighting, strength, etc.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
31drew31 said:
One of the members on this forum did this exact thing just a little while ago. His username is omgtaylorg . Im sure he will comment and give you some ideas.

I'm pretty sure it was the member PinkPunisher, not omgtaylorg.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3120</a><!-- l -->

AB^

5 Year Member
:grno :app :roon :cheers no mattress?
Bunkbedcage02.jpg

BOOZER

5 Year Member
yes it could and i'm thinkn bout building 1 for my son!(actually myself! but i cant have a bunkbed!)

crox

5 Year Member
What i was wanting to do was just have the mattress on top of the cage. Not an actual elevated bunk bed. I guess i should have been more clear on that one.

crox

5 Year Member
bump-
I really need to get started on this project soon. My baby will be here in a couple days.

What i was wanting to do was just have the mattress on top of the cage. Not an actual elevated bunk bed. What would need to be done to make the cage strong enough to support that? I want it 8x4x3. My bed is 6x4

Thanks everyone.

-

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Well my only advice would be... don't do it. At least for a tegu cage, don't do it.

If your place your mattress right on top of the cage, just think about the heat that you will be sleeping on. It'll make it pretty uncomfortable at night. Even though the lights would be off, there will still be heat from the lights. If you can get past that, then go for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu