• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bunkbed Cage

Jer723

5 Year Member
i want to make a bunkbed cage for my room. that way the 8x4 cage wouldnt take up that much room. it would have to be pretty sturdy though to hold me up, im 275 lbs.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I answered your PM but I just thought of something. Instead of making a super strong cage you could just make your cage out of a few sheets of 1/2"-3/4" plywood then build a frame that goes around the cage out of 2"x4"s slap a sheet of 1/4" plywood on that then put on your mattress. Give me a few minutes and I make you up a design of what I'm talking about because a picture is worth 1000 words :p

Also, I've yet to feel any warmth on my mattress coming from my cage. My lights do hang down so they aren't attached to the roof though so that probably makes quite a difference.

Spencer

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Here is the plan I came up with. It should end up saving you money on lumber.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=3830a4c2070ae294304925ce9c4dca64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... ce9c4dca64</a><!-- m -->

One last thing, just for my own safety I feel that I should say I am in no way shape or form a architect and will take no responsibility should anything happen and/or fail on the cage and/or frame. Now after saying that I do not feel that anything will fail on the cage or frame but as I had said, that is only to cover my own butt and help me sleep at night should anything happen lol

Spencer

crox

5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
Here is the plan I came up with. It should end up saving you money on lumber.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=3830a4c2070ae294304925ce9c4dca64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... ce9c4dca64</a><!-- m -->
Dude, thanks a million! I think i will go with this plan. This way i can use the money i save to make the inside all that much cooler!!! Right on man, thanks for all the help. Your awesome.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Also with the new design I made there is a 1" gap between top of the frame and the top of your cage. This way you have a little wiggle room for wires and not to mention being able to pull it out whenever you want.

Not a problem, make sure you post lots of pictures throughout the build. I had full intentions on making a tutorial when I built mine but Air Canada decided to break our digital camera! :rant

Spencer

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
I have an much more easy way, just let the tegu sleep with you. :shock: Just kidding, :lol:

I do not know how you would do it, but I am sure it can be done. :)
have a bearded dragon that doesnt sleep in its cage. it sleeps in my bed like a dog. but its also not five feet long....lol
and pinkpunisher, can i use that plan? my bed is also 6X4 and that plan is amazing!!!

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
lol yeah. its a good idea. i though of houseing my burm undermy bed once but didnt want it to escape and eat me. lol even though shes like a puppy.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
jarett_Harrison said:
and pinkpunisher, can i use that plan? my bed is also 6X4 and that plan is amazing!!!

Go for it Jarett, no need to ask. If I didn't want people to use it I wouldn't have even made the plans to begin with ;) lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu