• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Burmese Black Mountain tortoise

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
I'm very likely to by a nice 2-year old from a reputable breeder. Anyone here keep them? I hear they need high humidity and moderate temps. My reptile room never goes below 75, so I may need to make ambient temps a bit lower. What size enclosure would be good for a 5 inch tortoise? I'm considering baby pools and troughs, since I don't feel quite comfortable putting a tort this size outside just yet. Also, any ideas for good plants? I hear that tey love the shade.

montana

This site`s sister sister site Tortoise Forum has lots of information on all kinds of turtles ..

From what I have gathered tortoises need to be out side a good part of the year..

Check the site out it`s way cool ...

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
montana said:
This site`s sister sister site Tortoise Forum has lots of information on all kinds of turtles ..

From what I have gathered tortoises need to be out side a good part of the year..

Check the site out it`s way cool ...

I'd love to check out that site. Unfortunately, when I attempted to register for an account, I was immediately booted from the site. It told me that I was spamming. That's very odd, considering that I never made a single post. Not sure how to contact the admins, either.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't keep the phayrei but I have a pair of emys emys I got from Vic Morgan some years ago. When mine were young they wouldn't eat until I turned the sprinkler on them, they really love a good soaking and it seems to trigger a feeding response in the younger manouria torts. As for plants, they eat a lot of the alocasia/colocasia(elephant ear types) in the wild and really go crazy for them. Mine spent their first couple of winters inside with temperatures ranging from low 70s to mid 80s in my reptile room and did fine.

100_1074-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980