• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage Complete

joshandjack

5 Year Member
nice cages, that looks like you have put a lot of work into building them. anyway, its more work than i woud ever do. and i think they look awesome.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
The great thing is I have had no major problems with the wood or the paint in the cage. The only design flaw I have discovered is that plexiglass warps with heat and humidity, so with the cage being exactly 8' long, and the doors being exactly 4' long each, it was a perfect fit at first, but as soon as the enclosure heats up the doors expand or flex just enough to kinda jam them shut or not make them close properly, so since then I have had to trim the inside edges of both the doors very painstakingly to give them the clearance they need when it heats up to full temp during the day so they wont touch when they flex. So word to the wise plexi no matter how thick, and mine was quarter inch, will flex or warp to an extent and if your clearences are close it may cause problems.

Nero

5 Year Member
Awesome cage dude. My uncle had a woodshop back when we all lived in Cleveland hell i wish we still had that place cause im gonna need a crap load of cages. High five on the cage man.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
maybe this is flawed logic, but could you drill a bunch of holes in the plexi glass to take some of the distortion out of it? i seen a tank with 4 rows of holes along the bottom half of the glass, and it looked pretty good.

other than that, mad props on your acomplishment, you are greater than I. I have to buy my tanks as i don't trust myself near wood or electricity.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
very well made, only thing is it seems a tad bit too narrow for a 4+ft lizard, i JUST finished my 8x4x4 cage yesterday completely and it costs me like 150, ill have pics up tomorrow once its decorated.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
Cool looking enclosure. I hate to say it but it is not big enough for an adult. Even for a female it would be like living in a shoe box. It is real nice looking, in time maybe just add on to the back another foot or so. Just to narrow!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan