• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

cage question again

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
hey guys, I thought for a while I couldn't keep these guys because I thought they had to have a 8x4x4 cage which would just be too big so for weeks i've been searching for something elso but something about tegus keeps bringing me back. So I did some more researchn on cages and I found alot of people keep b and whites and even red in cages that are 6x3x2 and they seem perfectly fine. now I know that alot of people take horrible care of thier animals but these animals were in good condition.

But to be sure I wanted to ask the experts. You guys don't know how much I want to keep these guys now. Seeing all the pics and vids it makes me so jelous :evil:. So, can a house a full grown black and white 6x3x2ft enclosure or am I just kidding myself?

jor71

5 Year Member
I think you should also let people know if you plan on having him free roam most of the time?

If I am not mistaken, if you let him/her free roam most of the day a 6x3x3 may be enough for him/her.

If I am wrong, please feel free to let me have it :-D

I personally will do something like 8'x4'x30".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980