• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

cage size

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
what's are good size cages for an adult tegu? I'm was planning on building a 8X2X2 cage but were moving soon and I don't know how much space will be available for a cage.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Well, a 4' lizard in a 3' wide enclosure is just terrible on the eyes to see. ALL of my cages are 8'x4'x4'. Come on, its just 1 extra foot, they need and want it.

Magik

5 Year Member
Well I plan on giving my guy an 8 x 8 walk in enclosure I plan on building it like a stone shed insulating it heating it putting in foggers etc wont be 4 a while tough!

Magik

5 Year Member
Ahh its ok my Dad is a builder I just have to pay for the building costs so that will shave off a hell of alot!

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Mines 8x28"x30" I think by the time I got done with it, and the crazy thing is, the thing is enourmously heavy and large when you get done building it and its massive sitting in a room in your house, but the kicker is it looks abnormally small for a tegu thats not even full grown. It looks like its not big enough. hahaha But yeah, mine would get bored inside, and beg at the door to be let out. (Literally BEGG!!!!) and then id let him just run around my entire apt for a couple hours to let him have some room, but only after i was sure he had allready gone to the bathroom for the day.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
I really want to keep Black and whites but I don't think that size cage would fit in my house. I might have to consider something else:(

Magik

5 Year Member
Well I dont know what the weather is like in maryland or for that matter where maryland is??But if you have the right temperatures and humidity etc you could keep them outside!

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
maryland is in th USA pretty close to canada. The summers are hot and the winters are cold. I'm just really worried about winter.

Magik

5 Year Member
Well I know alot of people who keep varanids outside in the winter they lock them in a hide thats heated I personally woundnt do that but what you could do is have a temporary "winter" viv for your guy indoors or else do what I am doing build a stone shed and heat it that way your covered no mater what weather youre having but this is expensive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.