• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

calling all snake keepers.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
turtlepunk said:
yup I LOVE snakes =) had to re-home some of them though =( I currently keep a carpet python, 2 columbian red tail boas, an albino burm, 2 ball pythons and a brazilian rainbow boa. love em all

what kinda carpet do you have?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have some snakes: one Burm, one Boa, three BP, one spotted python, one sand boa, one milk, one trinket rat, a dozen or so corns.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha yeah my bredli never stops moving around at night or when i take her out. what are your guys favorite snake to work with?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Carpets are my favorite. Retics are fun as well, but I have only helped others with them, never kept one myself.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i think i have to agree with ya on that. they are the best looking i think. their behavior is good too. a little more energetic than others but i like that sometimes.

do you still have those carpets u were trying to sell?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
i think i have to agree with ya on that. they are the best looking i think. their behavior is good too. a little more energetic than others but i like that sometimes.

do you still have those carpets u were trying to sell?

Nope everything was sold.

Wil

5 Year Member
I've had a few snakes throughout my time keeping herps. I've had ball pythons, retics, burms, spotted and childrens pythons, womas, carpets (coastals, jungles, bredli, ijs), bloods (reds, borneos, blacks) atbs, brazilian rainbows, colombian rainbows, bci, bco, bcc, bcl, bca, sand boas, corns, bulls, gophers, hondurans, puff adders, gaboon vipers, timber rattlers.
Thats all I can think of right now. Out of all that I have kept, Morelia and Aspidites are my favorites.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
wow....thats a ton of snakes. morelia is a carpet right? i would like to get a woma python but there out of my budget right now =/

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My Burm is my favorite because he's so laid back...but messy to clean. I think the spotted is next because he's new to me and a baby. I don't usually get hatchlings to raise. Usually I get rescues and second-hands.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
my burmese is really laid back too. he usually sits his head on my hand while im watching something or just petting him.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know this is old... But, josh do you still have your hog? If so, do you mind posting pictures?

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Currently keeping
1.0 Jaguar IJ Carpet Python
0.1 Jungle Carpet Python
1.1 Bredli Pythons
0.1 Green Tree Python
1.0 Blood Python
1.0 Yellow Anaconda
0.1 Super Dwarf Retic
0.1 Argentine Boa
0.1 Arizona Mountain Kingsnake
0.1 Malagasy Giant Hognose
1.0 Albino Western Hognose
but you name it, Ive kept it. I had over 30 snakes a few years back but have slimmed down since then.
Heres an album of most of my past & present snakes

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.48835431985.71867.590401985&type=1&l=d58147b7ad

Logie_Bear

Hogg Island boas are my favorite! I love my boy... someday I would love to get him a girlfriend and produce some of these great snakes! ;)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Still got him! I'll snap some new photos tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a couple from when he was a bit smaller
Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.37.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.39.21 AM.png

Johnny84

I am a snake keeper and breeder of ball pythons and soon to have Red Tail Boa babies:D

Posted on the Go from my Galaxy S II

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beautiful boa! I have fallen in love with them.. Could be trouble :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members