• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can anyone tell me how old my Tegu is in this pic?

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384493666.565974.jpg

Titus at time of purchase!

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
1 or 2 months ok great!,when I got him no additional paper work was sent so didn't know the age but great to know. Also I believe he's just a regular B&W Tegu, he is however a little on the lighter side.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
He is most likely from this season so depending on how his care and diet has been he could have hatched as early as june or as late as september. I would put him past 1 month since he no longer has a green head. In some cases, extreme neglect I have seen yearlings at that size, or yearlings that hibernated right after hatching and didnt have time to grow so its hard to give you an exact age without knowing more details.

Renske

5 Year Member
That is right. But its as small as 1 month or 2 month old baby. They loos the green very quick. My reds clutch is 3 weeks old now and does not show a lot of green anymore. Some not at al. So yes it could even be a 6 month old. I do not think its a year old becouse then it sould be very disvormed.
But with good care he can grow fast and get the size he sould be.

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your insight, after I purchase him he did grow very rapidly. After a month and a half these are his growth pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384922750.204329.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384922780.251387.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384922795.831772.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384922819.713729.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384922858.270080.jpg

I'm in the process of building a new 6x4x4 Enclosure.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
extreme giant was a marketing name by one of the breeders, so they should be called chacoans if they are from that locality and not from that particular breeder. yours does have some visual markers for being chacoan, just keep in mind that it is only a locality, not a different species and theres no guarantee that they will get larger than a regular b/w.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus