• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can you house 2 in 1?

Tizzay89

Can a green be in with a juv? Or do I gotta Bob the builder another cage? Lol

Greens n greens are fine
Adults with adults are fine until they not
Got no Info on a juv n green though

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
To be cautious, I'd be reluctant to chance it if juv is leg enough to see green as prey.

Tizzay89

To be cautious, I'd be reluctant to chance it if juv is leg enough to see green as prey.

Well she eats anoles so a green def inside that threshold. I got no idea where I'm gonna put the cages than. I wanted a blue b4 season over but since they cant be caged together I better hold off and get it figured out b4 I buy. I was gonna use my old grow tents for cages since I dont grow anymore. Would they be able to cut through mylar? Also would the reflective surface harm their eyes? Guess this is a 2 parter lol

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
1) if you are planning on cohabiting in the future why not put a plexi glass divider in your main enclosure so they can see and smell and grow together without being together they'll be enough room in my eyes to split a 8x4 to a 6x4 and a2x4.

2) I've heard plenty of people use grow tents and not read one report of a tegu escaping due to it cutting through.

3) there's probably no evidence to answer if the reflective surface could hurt their eyes but if your worried cover it or break it up with sticky back plastic, foliage or some kind of tough paint.

Personally I'd take option 1 which gives you time to decide on whether or not youll need a bigger enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan