• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

carpet python info

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i got a bredli carpet a while ago and i have all the specs of the cage pretty well set up. i got most of my info on youtube or various sites mainly acreptiles. but recently she has been moody and striking at me when i get close to her. she refused to eat for a while and i guess i ticked her off by trying to get her to feed. does anyone have any ideas on taming them down besides the ways everyone says to tame? i tried the scenting method and i take her out of the cage for 10 min at the most. she was good for a while but she is either getting cage aggressive or i did something wrong.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
i got a bredli carpet a while ago and i have all the specs of the cage pretty well set up. i got most of my info on youtube or various sites mainly acreptiles. but recently she has been moody and striking at me when i get close to her. she refused to eat for a while and i guess i ticked her off by trying to get her to feed. does anyone have any ideas on taming them down besides the ways everyone says to tame? i tried the scenting method and i take her out of the cage for 10 min at the most. she was good for a while but she is either getting cage aggressive or i did something wrong.

How old is the girl? Carpets tend to mellow out as they age.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is she in shed? The Bredli that I had never struck or missed a meal until he was in shed or getting ready to shed. One day he struck at me and refused to eat, and the next day he was in blue.

If not in shed, do you mind sharing your setup info?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yes she just got out of shed, i guess i forgot to say that haha. but my set up is a 30gallon sliding glass tank. its taller which i though she would like and i guess she does because she doesent go in her hide ever,just sits on the fake tree hangout. temps are 80 to 85 to 87 on basking and 70s up to 75 on cool side.humidity is 50 to 60% i put the digital thermometer in there a while ago and forgot the exact temps but they matched up with the acreptiles sheet. if i missed anything let me know. she did eat a small pinkie a few days ago but is never interested in the rat pups...im gonna keep on trying tho.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
probably. i do have to work with her more tho. since im done for the summer i can for once haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me