• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cayman Iguana Breakthrough

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My male Cayman Iguana is doing great. I was able to hold him for a solid 10 or so minutes without him biting or hissing, after some handling I let him free roam my TV room a little and he seemed to like it. I'll try and get some new pics up tonight - if not, then I will tomorrow. Loving this iguana like no tomorrow, he's a true champ and real smart, it shows.

Just thought I'd update you all.

-Buzz

dabears51

TeguBuzz said:
My male Cayman Iguana is doing great. I was able to hold him for a solid 10 or so minutes without him biting or hissing, after some handling I let him free roam my TV room a little and he seemed to like it. I'll try and get some new pics up tonight - if not, then I will tomorrow. Loving this iguana like no tomorrow, he's a true champ and real smart, it shows.

-Buzz

That's good stuff! I'll be waiting for new pics!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dabears51 said:
TeguBuzz said:

-Buzz

That's good stuff! I'll be waiting for new pics!

Thanks, your rhino looks great. I got a vid of some handling done a while back, I'll upload it to YouTube and post it here tomorrow morning.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
i would love to see the video . glad to hear you guys calming down

Thanks Rob, means a lot. I'm in the process of uploading a vid, it's not the greatest but it'll do. I'll have it up on YouTube in a couple hours, I'll post it on here ASAP. Hopefully he'll turn out like Roni but in cayman form!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not the greatest vid, but here it is. Ignore the commentary the camera man (my friend) makes, he was drunk or something along those lines.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKT2PT3RXw[/video]

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKT2PT3RXw

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Glad to hear your cayman lizard is doing better its very normal for them to be scared and try to bit and hiss being he's in a whole new environment,he'll mellow out as he trust u more and knows ur not a threat.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some new pics of some handling done today. Calming down a lot more than yesterday, eating great too.

img2012031900213.jpg
[/img]

img2012031900212.jpg
[/img]

img2012031900211.jpg

teguboy77 said:
Glad to hear your cayman lizard is doing better its very normal for them to be scared and try to bit and hiss being he's in a whole new environment,he'll mellow out as he trust u more and knows ur not a threat.

Yea he's coming a long great, it's going real well. Definitely happy with it!

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
Not the greatest vid, but here it is. Ignore the commentary the camera man (my friend) makes, he was drunk or something along those lines.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKT2PT3RXw[/video]

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKT2PT3RXw

good job . looks like he's figured out your no threat . :D should be a peace of cake from here on out .

while he's calm , try to get him to eat out of your hand , rub a little banana on his lips , then see if he will eat it front your fingers . If he does you have it made IMO

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Rob! Haha I'll attempt that today, hopefully it'll work out. Thanks for the pointers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980