• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan Giant tegu, how much is fair to sell for?

How much is fair for a healthy '08 Chacoan (Varnyard Stock)

• 300$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 350$

• 400$

• 450$

• More than $450

• Total voters

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
'08 Chacoan Giant Tegu, Varnyard Stock

Well, I'l selling one of my two tegus that I've gotten from Bobby (Varnyard) over the past several years. I am planning on making a big move to go to a new college in probably about a year, and I've come to the realization that there's really no way I can keep two chacoans while I'm there, at least not easily. I probably won't be able to have a real job since I'll be not only doing regular classes but will be working unpaid at the campus zoo, through their Exotic Animal Training and Management program. I might get a part-time job (at best).

Now, since I've already put about a year and a half of time and money into this boy, I am not selling him for the same price as a chacoan hatchling.

The problem is, I'm really not sure what I WOULD charge for it. It's not sick, and hasn't had any health complications. The only thing I might mention is that it hibernated a bit longer than my other tegu did.

I was wondering what you guys thought would be a fair price for my boy?
Oh, and let me know why you think what you think!

If you do want to make a specific offer yourself, feel free to shoot me a pm or an email.
My email is rsfbrooks (at) hotmail (dot) com.

(I've removed the symbols to prevent my email address getting nabbed by spambots, but you know what to do :p)

Of course, I don't expect any offers until I post pics, etc. but I figure I'll just do that when I post the actual ad. I'll probably start out by offering it up to tegutalk users only.
I'm pretty insistent on insuring she goes to a good home; I won't sell to just anyone.

(I've removed the symbols to prevent my email address getting nabbed by spambots, but you know what to do :p)

I'm gonna get some pictures of him up over the next few days. He's already gone under for the season, and I don't want to disturb him more than I have to.

Fork

5 Year Member
I don't know if that is a first or second generation extreme giant, but I think the first gens are the ones you need if you plan on breeding giants without inbreeding so it could be more valuable if that's the case. I don't know for sure, but I've heard something along those lines posted on this site before. I hope that helped :lol:

chris allen

5 Year Member
I think its hard to judge sometimes....but here is what I think:
There is some rarity in the type of tegu, being its not commonly bred...that means fewer people would be looking for it, but the ones that are looking know what they typically sell for as babies.
Care and cost being put into them to me seems like just part of the process, and not money that you would recoupe. Again to some, buying something older is a benefit(those looking to breed), but will be a negative for someone looking for the experience of purchasing a baby from a well known breeder. My personal opinion would be that $300 would be a fair price, given the animal is in great shape and perfect. Honestly, I don't think I would spend that on one myself as a yearling, but I can see it being a fair price. Price him on the high side, you can always come down, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980