• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan Giants!!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is the Tegu on the banner a White Head or Chacoan? He/she is beautiful!!!!! I want one that light in coloration so bad.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, that is an Extreme Giant, he he is with five other young ones.

He is the one to the far right in this picture.

GroupChacos.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Another very big difference is the egg size and weight. The normal egg weight is 16 grams, the Extreme egg weight is 26 grams, that is a 10 gram difference in egg weight.

DSCN0945.jpg

normal_DSCN1341.jpg

normal_Chaco20hatch.jpg

COWHER

5 Year Member
redtail2426 said:
Would you be able to house a chacoan giant adult in a 6.5' x 40" x 27" enclosure? I would be letting him out to roam often aswell. Just wondering for future reference as I would love to get one in the future.
i have a regular arg. b+w tegu and his enclosure is 7.5x3.5x3 I wouldn't go much smaller for an Extreme Giant.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
yeah I have my argentine b+w in the size cage I mentioned above I would have liked to make it bigger but that was as big as I could go and still fit it through my door in my room. It should be big enough right?

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
2x the length x the length is the minumum. I suppose you could go smaller, but you would have to make up for it with free roaming. Even with FRing, I still don't reccomend "minimal cages".

Nice pics Bobby, I didn't know about the difference in egg sizes.

COWHER

5 Year Member
I agree I'm planing on getting a Extreme Giant and I'm expanding the cage to 2/3 bigger than what it is now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced