• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

~Chico~

ztachick127

Finally have gotten around to making a thread about my red tegu Chico!

i will have had him for 5 months on 10-18-11 and he was 2-3 months old when i got him.

so 7-8 months old now
some people were saying that he might be wild caught because of when he was born but he is very relaxed most of the time. Which he wasn't at all when i first got him.

i feel that he is a little small for being this old but i am not sure. but thanks for taking a look!

ill be adding more pics.
[attachment=3366]
[attachment=3367]
[attachment=3368]
[attachment=3369]

Attachments

• IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0420.jpg
    IMAG0420.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 3

ztachick127

BillieJeAn said:
Very pretty!!! A lot more white than mine, absolutely adore him!!

thank you, yeah im waiting for a little more color to come in but he is just starting to shed. so ill post pics after the shed with in the week.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He may not be WC but is possibly an import. The difference is they are farmed in Argentina and imported to the states. The only difference might be the schedule of when they hibernate.

ztachick127

james.w said:
He may not be WC but is possibly an import. The difference is they are farmed in Argentina and imported to the states. The only difference might be the schedule of when they hibernate.

ok i see, the shop i go to i know he buys very good animals from breeders but i would really have no idea.

but im happy how he is coming along so far. just needs more handling, hard when i work and do mma full time.

BillieJeAn

ztachick127 said:
BillieJeAn said:

thank you, yeah im waiting for a little more color to come in but he is just starting to shed. so ill post pics after the shed with in the week.

Mine has a lot of reds/pinks/browns. Hardly any white, I really like the white on yours. But I would love to see his color after he sheds

ztachick127

BillieJeAn said:
ztachick127 said:
BillieJeAn said:

Mine has a lot of reds/pinks/browns. Hardly any white, I really like the white on yours. But I would love to see his color after he sheds

i wish mine had a little more color but well see what happens when he gets older

ztachick127

Some shots of my tank, pretty small for now but all he needs for now.

and glass is pretty dirty.
this winter im planning on building a custom enclosure.
[attachment=3382]
[attachment=3383]
[attachment=3384]
[attachment=3385]

Attachments

• IMAG0429.jpg
    IMAG0429.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0430.jpg
    IMAG0430.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0431.jpg