• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cold or Flu?

meyfabi

Hello everybody,

My 2 years old female tegu made me strange things few minuts ago. She have a sticky transparent thing who flows of her nose. Do you think that could be a cold or a flu? This morning everything seemed to be ok... I don't really know what i need to do...
I hope you can give me advices!!
Thanks

PS: (I'm French so i haven't a specialized vet near home...)

marydd

Watch her eating and drinking. Maybe listen to her breathing. I would be concerned about a respiratory infection. Bump the heat up in the cage a bit if you think she may have one. You may want to look up other signs of a respiratory infection, and what to do if she does have one.

hanniebann

5 Year Member
sometimes I see my little girl drink a bunch of water after a meal or something, and when she goes to climb out of her tub, she might spit up a bit when she is climbing down. I'd probably barf too if I drank a bunch and then threw my feet over my head really quick to climb down something. lol.

meyfabi

thank you all!! I had finally found a specialized vet (not near home) and everything was ok except a little "laryngit".
Right now everything is ok and she's feeling good!
thank you all once again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu