• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian from Michigan

IRTehDuckie

Im a relatively new owner, and boy do I have my work cut out for me lol First, a little about myself. im 23 and have been keeping reptiles for 13 years, started off with beardies, and then went to monitors, and tortoises. I have 5 sulcatas all over 35 lbs, Except the littlest one, 2 and a half years old. Im married to a software engineer and have a beautiful son lol

Now, about this Colombian, I traded my Timor Monitor for him, the gentleman that i got him from said he was a good eater, which he is, and sometimes he lets you hold him, but he is aggressive. He doesn't hiss, or tail whip or try to bite when you go inside the enclosure, but if you try to touch him, he flips out lol From what i know, (and i got him yesterday) he is about 1.5 years old. I haven't measured him, he was just put into the enclosure today, so i know he is super stressed, im not trying to rush anything on him. he is in a 55gallon.

Attachments

• 0830141347b.jpg
    0830141347b.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the site. Hes a good looking tegu, whats his name?

Dont worry about his attitude, he is just getting used to his new home. Try to interact with him every day to get him used to you and he will be a nice tame friend eventually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980