• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian not eating

chillydogwillis

5 Year Member
I've had my new columbian for about 10 days now and he still hasnt eatin he drinks water and has licked the gravy off of cat food that i've offered him but so far he hasnt excepted anything else that ive offered him including pinky mice, crickets and meal worms he dosnt seem to skinny but im kinda startin to worry thanks for any help

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
chillydogwillis said:
I've had my new columbian for about 10 days now and he still hasnt eatin he drinks water and has licked the gravy off of cat food that i've offered him but so far he hasnt excepted anything else that ive offered him including pinky mice, crickets and meal worms he dosnt seem to skinny but im kinda startin to worry thanks for any help

Most Colombians are imported, and often times they have parasites. It migh be good to take it to a vet, let them check him out. Also dog food is not very good for reptiles, try letting him have a little soft boiled egg.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I'd also suggest that you check and recheck your temps. Sometimes an increase of just a few degrees can increase their appetite. When I had columbians years ago I remember that they always seemed to enjoy chicken livers. Might want to try a little of that. Has he pooped since you got him?

chillydogwillis

5 Year Member
Yes hes pooped several times especially while in the feed bin do you give the livers raw? also the temps are about 86-88 degrees ambient and around 110 basking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus