• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian or Black and White

Patimus

5 Year Member
I know this question has been asked millons of times, and I am sorry. I would just like some help identifying her. I paid for an Argentine. I think it's an Argentine, but I want your opinions.

I know the some differences between them, scales, temperment, etc..

Well, she has the scales on her snout like an Argentine, but doesn't have alot of white on her back like I see on other owners pictures. Here are some pictures. Maybe you can help me.

2dlryw4.jpg

2rcsrj5.jpg

nyv37l.jpg

33a9zra.jpg

Patimus

5 Year Member
I realize he was shedding in this picture, his set up wasn't the greatest heat/UVB/humidity wise. Now I have all of those and my numbers are spot on. :)

Patimus

5 Year Member
Thank you, I figured it was, but I was unsure because of her temperment. I am trying hard to tame her, but all day today when I went into the room, she would go into her hide. She doesn't like me :(

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
thats normal, shes just nervous..mine was like that at first too then he got used to me and doesnt hide anymore.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
She could be being difficult due to the tank. If you reach from above, (like a bird catches it's prey) they get scared. Since the "one-on-one time" starts stressfully, it ends up taking more time to get back to your previous progress point. Hope it helps. peace 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029