• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Coming Clean on the Catfood?

carcharios

5 Year Member
I know many here hate the idea of feeding your Tegus catfood. I've heard that it's too high in fat and some argue that it's too high in fiber - though if they're eating fruit in the wild, I'd imagine they're getting a lot of fiber. Anyway, is there anyone here who regularly feeds their Tegus cat food and if so, what kind? Just curious. I'm not going to judge you for doing so. I'm just curious.

Dark-Angel

5 Year Member
Hi there,

Quite a bit late with replying. Just new to the forum.
About what you asked. I,m got a red tegu and an black and white tegu. Sometimes i feed them catfood. We had en store that sells catfood for ferrets. Well let me put it this way. Ferrets are very vulnerable if the their food contains many minerals,fibers and fat. They sell catfood with has a very low percentage of fat,minerals and fiber. They ell this as ferret food.
A tegu is known to be vulnerable to for these things thats why i give them this cause it give me a safe feeling that it won't harm them.

I live in the netherlands. i don't know where you from. But is you can find ferrets food maybe you can compare the ingredients with each other.

ciao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me