• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

could NOT be more excited!

rantology

Hey yall, I'm so excited to say I've finally gotten my dream reptile on this day today.... this baby boy(I think) just made the trip to me. I'll be perusing these forums pretty heavily in the coming months so I want to say thanks ahead of time to everyone who posts here. Your wisdom is invaluable!

Now to try and pick a name...

VfBpG0c.jpg

r7WYax5.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats on a fine individual. Bright-eyed and scaly tailed!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Love the mantis...ever see the movie District 19? It's very weird but worth it.

Your baby is absolutely beautiful. I loved the close up of his eye.

rantology

Thanks everyone! He seems in good spirits despite recovering from shipping. A bit scared, understandably but he's already calming down and eating berries and roaches from me. They're so inquisitive!

Very nice. Is that an anerythristic red? And the mantis is also awesome.

Good eye! He's one of UGR's "Ghost" tegus which are labeled as 75% red 25% B&W - I'm curious as to how he'll turn out looking as he grows - I haven't seen any pictures of adult anerys.

The mantis in my avatar is one of the ghost mantids I hatched, I love keeping them. District 9 is one of my favorite movies @Debita :D

TripleTegus

Yeah ol' boy Rian makes some pretty amazing animals that's for sure. He's got some videos on YouTube of his breeding ones and they are really pretty. You'll definitely have to post plenty of pics to show how he grows. And hatching the mantises is pretty cool my wife would love to do that. She has 9 spiders as of now.

rantology

Yeah ol' boy Rian makes some pretty amazing animals that's for sure. He's got some videos on YouTube of his breeding ones and they are really pretty. You'll definitely have to post plenty of pics to show how he grows. And hatching the mantises is pretty cool my wife would love to do that. She has 9 spiders as of now.

I will!

And I totally recommend mantids if she's into the small critters. They're a ton of fun and generally only live for a year- so you can try many different species out over time. Watching the drastic changes they go through from little nymph to getting their wings as adults is really enjoyable. Just be careful of the super picky eater species- keeping fly pupa is ... a bit of a challenge in itself. :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980