• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

CraigsList Rant

ihatehumans

5 Year Member
Some ads an Craigslist are for animals in good condition. I got my 3 dendrobates Leucomelas from a person there and when I got them they were fit as fiddles.

Tux

5 Year Member
Re:

Beazer said:
I really am not a big fan of craigslist. People may not understand what I mean, but it really is a major downfall for economy. It takes toooooons of business away from ma and pa stores. People may get mad at what I say because they want better deals but in all reality it hurts retail and that causes even more job losses. Try and support your local ma and pa stores. If you buy from craiglist you should really consider how it affects our economy in a negative way. Free, online, local, classified ads.... I dont know if its just me also, but I prefer new cages or ones I make over ones that are dirty/cracked/god knows what died in it. With that said, hopefully it gets a good home.

-Jon DeLong

So when I don't want something what should I do with it to recoup some of my investment? It would be similar to say that auto trader etc. is just as bad. The point is I want the choice to buy something new or used it is not up to me to support a vendor that does not service such needs. That's the nature of business. Not to mention much of the money made from selling those used goods will go towards bills or new goods therefore contributing to the economy in the same manner as buying that item new.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like Craigslist as I've been able to buy and sell furniture, etc when I couldn't afford new or find what I wanted. I think it supports the economy, too, as it puts money in people's hands to spend. Basically, getting money out in circulation (other than printing) improves the economy.

Unfortunately, the animals I've gotten from Craigslist have been kinda iffy. I got my poor ig for "free", but he cost me $150 in vet and meds to improve his terrible dermatitis and beginnings of MBD. But I knew that from the owner and the pics. My boa came from CL and I thought he had RI, but it turned to by terribly dry shed all in his face. I'm more apt to find a discarded animal and fix it up than buy retail. The exceptions seem to tave been tegus and beardies. :)

The big problem is see with CL now is that in FL, in order to get a permit for a large snake or Nile monitor, you have to reveal where it came from and it's illegal to sell reptiles here without a Class III permit. I haven't purchased anything like that since the new permitting came into affect, but I've wondered how it will affect the adoption rate of large pythons and such on CL.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
The big problem is see with CL now is that in FL, in order to get a permit for a large snake or Nile monitor, you have to reveal where it came from and it's illegal to sell reptiles here without a Class III permit. I haven't purchased anything like that since the new permitting came into affect, but I've wondered how it will affect the adoption rate of large pythons and such on CL.

Is there any sort of grandfathering in? If you already had it before the rule, then can you trade or sell it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980