• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

differences between AA and b&W TEGUS??

bwiegmann

Well bernies arm is healing quite nicely, but I have a question. The gentleman I bought him from said he was an All American tegu, and a male. I think he is a she but am not 100% sure how to tell. The more important ? Is how can I tell if he is actually an AA or not? Because the more I see B&W Tegus, they look just like Bernie. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I took some pics today for reference :) thank you!!!
[attachment=5512]
[attachment=5513]

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can't say that he isn't, but a AA is a three way cross between a giant,a blue and a red and usually take on characteristics of one or 2 if not all 3, he looks more like a normal to me

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Without talking to or knowing the breeder, there is no definite way to tell.

bwiegmann

Thanks everyone :) there are times that I look at him and he has some blue similarities and other times he looks normal, his head is more narrow than most regulars I've seen, it comes to more of a pointy nose. Here's some pics of him where I think he looks more AA. I contacted the guy I bought him from to see if he has any emails from bobby, or some proof that he is an AA. Either way I live my Bernie, it would just be nice to know I was not lied to!!! :)
[attachment=5514]

[attachment=5515]
[attachment=5516]

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Because if it is an AA visual or not it possibly carries the genetics of all three. Which can obviously affect how the offspring look. The same way some red x blue or even b&w x reds look like normal reds, blues or b&w's compared to their siblings.

The AA's are no different, some you can actually see characteristics of all three tegus while others,.. not so much if any like this one. Since it's a crap shoot every time an egg is fertilized. He may just be a normal the Op can leave it at that, try and trace back the previous owners info or breed him.

Although breeding him might take quite some time to prove it as an AA.
[/i]

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Breeding him will prove nothing at all. The genetics are already muddied up enough thanks to the hybrid craze, and he has every single characteristic of a normal black and white. I would say the seller lied to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980