• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

discoids dying

hailo

5 Year Member
i bought some discoid from the SD show. what a mistake, do not buy from "ken the bug guy". i shouldve known better when he sad they are cramped and been in there a wile, but he said "they will be fine just get them home ". i went and bought a new container and pu them in it while i was walking the show. never gave it a second thought after that. well i get home and i have a about 8 dead adults and barely any nymps like i was told.
so heres the dilema they ae still dying in ther big container. do i wait a couple daysand not disturb them while the ones still alive aclimate or do i pull them as they die?

by the way an email was sent but never a response....aaron pauling here i come

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would change containers, take out just the roaches and put them into something else. I use 10 gallons with a little cypress mulch in the bottom. Put some egg cartons in there and sprinkle water on them, also offer some carrot and dry cat/dog food. The temps need to be between 80 and 90 too.

hailo

5 Year Member
yea they are now in 12 gallon plastic containers with the egg crtae kept at a stedy 84 degrees. there food is oats, dry dog food and oranges. but my worry is will i do more harm then good by pulling the egg crate to get the dead ones out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980