• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Do tegus enjoy being pet?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Niles walks over to my hand, nudges my palm with his nose, kind of like my dog does, then I scratch his head, ears, sometimes back and tail...and he closes his eyes and smiles at me.yes he smiles and I'm sticking to that story ;) haha.but seriously...he is def unlike my snakes, who also seem to 'enjoy ' the petting at times. He I believe interacts with me and seeks my attention.sometimes jumps at cage top to come out and I'm thinking food time then he'll climb right out of the feeding tub and climb onto my arm. I believe he truly enjoys just being held.and sometimes wants to 'explore '...the kitchen table and coffee table and my bed are all fun places for him :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
tommylee22 said:
Hey Dubya,

I have an Extreme and I got mine the same day you did from Bobby. You have any pics of your guy? My Biggin has gotten huge and still growing fast, he sheed again lastnight. NO sign of slowing down so far, how about yours?

He is about 2.5 ft long now and also is still going strong and eating like a horse. Shedding a lot too. I have pics on my phone and will post them as soon as I put them into the computer. Yours is from the 6/13 hatching? Gwangi is.

ccole93

TegusRawsome80 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jva0NDlT_wk&noredirect=1
Sums up my beliefs on this subject.

Very true. Watching that is what made me finally decide to get a tegu.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Gwangi picture for tommylee22

[attachment=5576]
tommylee22 said:
Hey Dubya,

I have an Extreme and I got mine the same day you did from Bobby. You have any pics of your guy? My Biggin has gotten huge and still growing fast, he sheed again lastnight. NO sign of slowing down so far, how about yours?

Tommylee22, Here is a pic of Gwangi, my extreme giant born 6/13, received 7/10, I think it was. I ordered a male, but I can't tell for sure yet without probing if it is for sure. I would rather not have him probed, as I also would rather not be probed. He seems to be doing well on a diet of beer, jalapeno poppers, and buffalo wings. Wait a minute. That is my diet. He has been eating ground chicken breast mixed with hearts, livers, and gizzards, with a little beef heart, beef liver, eggs, scallops, calcium, and vitamins mixed in. I give him other things to supplement.

Attachments

• Gwangi102312.jpg
    Gwangi102312.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 78

tommylee22

RE: Gwangi picture for tommylee22

Dubya said:
tommylee22 said:
Hey Dubya,

Tommylee22, Here is a pic of Gwangi, my extreme giant born 6/13, received 7/10, I think it was. I ordered a male, but I can't tell for sure yet without probing if it is for sure. I would rather not have him probed, as I also would rather not be probed. He seems to be doing well on a diet of beer, jalapeno poppers, and buffalo wings. Wait a minute. That is my diet. He has been eating ground chicken breast mixed with hearts, livers, and gizzards, with a little beef heart, beef liver, eggs, scallops, calcium, and vitamins mixed in. I give him other things to supplement.

I'll get you a picture tonight.
Nice looking Tegu..

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Gwangi picture for tommylee22

Dubya said:
tommylee22 said:
Hey Dubya,

He is huge and beautiful

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
That pic is Lemmy from Motorhead! Lemmy is the grandfather of thrash metal.

Steven.

Hey Laura i think you should post some pics of your avatar.. Everytime i look at it i wanna drive to your house and buy him.. Its the white head.. Its not cream or yellowish like extremes or b&w.. Its white lol..

sent from my phone to your eyes

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Do tegus enjoy being pet?

Dubya said:
That pic is Lemmy from Motorhead! Lemmy is the grandfather of thrash metal.

"C'mon baby...eat the rich.put the bite on the son of a *@$%#"... haha :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

DavidRosi

I'd say my Colombian enjoys human contact somewhat, :)
[attachment=5595]
[attachment=5596]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351174003.772573.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351174003.772573.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 66
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351174017.232280.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351174017.232280.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 59

Teg

Teg was being a right git today !!! Flew out of my hand three times ! He looked at me as if i was a monster, hiding and being awkward etc. Yet a couple of days ago he sat with/on me for over 1 hour.. Great ! He gets up at 11 am and i get him out at around 1pm, still think he's sleepy ! So gonna leave him till around 6 pm, he looks a bit livelier then, see how it goes !! :-/

Dana C

As I have said before, they tolerate handling but I don't think that they enjoy it. If a tegu comes to you and crawls into your lap, it is showing trust, recognized security and warmth. I think as they get older as James said, they come to enjoy it more and more. I don't know how old or large your tegu is, but when you have a male adult who doesn't want to be carried around and you try, you are really in for a interesting session.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980