• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Do tegu's lose teeth?

redtail2426

5 Year Member
My tegu was beating up on my sock today and after he was done thrashing it around and chewing on it I noticed 3 tiny spots of blood were he was chewing. Is it normal for tegu's to lose a tooth everyonce and a while or to have a loose tooth? I also took a look in his mouth when he was eating and the bottom jaw looks fine but I couldnt get a look at the top jaw. But other then that he has been acting normal other then the runs he had today which im pretty sure was from the quail I fed him 2 days ago that was a little big for him.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
redtail2426 said:
My tegu was beating up on my sock today and after he was done thrashing it around and chewing on it I noticed 3 tiny spots of blood were he was chewing. Is it normal for tegu's to lose a tooth everyonce and a while or to have a loose tooth? I also took a look in his mouth when he was eating and the bottom jaw looks fine but I couldnt get a look at the top jaw. But other then that he has been acting normal other then the runs he had today which im pretty sure was from the quail I fed him 2 days ago that was a little big for him.

Not that I know of, I have never seen a healthy animal loose teeth like that. He could of just made his gums bleed a bit, and might not have lost any teeth.

boygenius

5 Year Member
I know this sounds quite obvious, but if he was on the sock and chewing.. have you looked around the floor where he was chewing for missing teeth?

redtail2426

5 Year Member
I would but he dragged it around my room while he was beating it up and my carpet is an off white color so finding a tiny tooth would be quite a mission.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
uh oh....I'm gonna watch this thread....I'm interested in finding out more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan