• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

does anyone know what could of lizard this is

Anthony

5 Year Member
moms bfs lizard

268.jpg

Anthony

5 Year Member
lol you guys are good....yea its my moms bfs lizard i never seen one before he moves kinda slow and doesnt like people

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My uro doesn't care to be handled, but he likes to eat out of our hand and acts like he's had a double espresso!

Beasty

5 Year Member
Yes. No doubt the lizard has already eaten some of the gravel. I only hope the owner will listen to people who have extensive experience with reptiles and change the substrate immediately for the animal's health. If left in aquarium gravel that lizard will surely die.(much sooner than later) What is in it's favor at the moment is the digestive tract is a fairly straight shot.
I have seen a full grown Rhino Iguana($1200+ animal) die from impaction from being kept on walnut shell and that's a bit more digestible than gravel. Do the boyfriend and uro a favor and please have him check out this site and/or research extensively if he doesn't want to hear it but that lizard will die if not.
My 2 cents.

Anthony

5 Year Member
i will call him and tell em he lives 800 miles away from me.... hes had it for a long time so i dnt know if hell listen or not

Anthony

5 Year Member
i called em and he said u guys were rite and gona change it..... thanks guys and hope no one thinks less of me like i said he lives far away from me and i just got back from visiting them and took a pic of his lizard

Beasty

5 Year Member
That's great!
I just hate to see animals harmed by someone not knowing better and when they are informed they don't change it. ESPECIALLY in the reptile trade that is a quite common occurrence. Thanks for listening and passing the info along.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
...Jefroka
Anthony said:
i called em and he said u guys were rite and gona change it..... thanks guys and hope no one thinks less of me like i said he lives far away from me and i just got back from visiting them and took a pic of his lizard

You are to be commended for having the guts to call him, you knew it was possible that he'd tell you to mind your own business and he is to be commended for listening to your advice and putting pride aside and doing what's best for his uro.

Bravo, to both of you! :app :app :app

...Jefroka

redlizard5

5 Year Member
I keep my uros on playsand and millet seed .The sand is inexpensive and small enough to pass through they're gut and the millet seed is good for them to eat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980