• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

done messing with his cage

RobK.

we are both happy with the temps and light and humidity . :D

rhinocage.jpg

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I think your cage looks fine,i like the picture lol,your all kicked up on the laptop on tegutalk lol,your rhino is really turning out to be a real beauty.

RobK.

james.w said:
Why don't you use substrate?

Yep , Still using carpet like i always have . very easy to clean , hold no bugs and #1 he can't eat it . I spot clean it every day , change it out every week . I have two sets of carpet that i clean in the bath tub with a cup of bleach rinse the sun dry . NO such thing as a prefect substrate from what i have read . I like carpet . :D

RobK.

james.w said:
Not judging, just asking.

thats fine !!;)

I have looked and looked on the web and nothing seems to be great . Astor turf got some good reviews on one site and another gave unprinted newspaper a good review . Rabbit pellets is what Tom Crutchfield said to use , but rabbit pellets and high humidity ( 50+) don't go together IMO .

So i don't know ??

herpgirl2510

Looks good. My guy is funny his cage is abou 5 feet tall he loves to climb around I think he tinks he is a green iguana. I am sure as he gets bigger this will change. I use dirt/sand mix also

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I use newspaper and clean my cage every day,something i always used,i've used shelf liner to which works well,again cant eat it and easy to clean.Once ny rhino gets bigger and i bulb him a cage i will use a plastic liner so i can spot clean it or use alittle bleach and water mix and clean it that way.Even now i use bleach and water mix to clean his cage then let it air dry.

RobK.

I lied , i had to add a 50 watt halogen bulb with rheostat right next to the Mega ray The Mega rays don't put out heat like the zoo-med power-sun did . I am using the rheostat to fine tune the temps .
herpgirl2510 said:
Looks good. My guy is funny his cage is abou 5 feet tall he loves to climb around I think he tinks he is a green iguana. I am sure as he gets bigger this will change. I use dirt/sand mix also

you could add a 2 nd floor and ramp and make it split level and twice the floor space . :D

what dirt and sand ? do you heat it to make sure there are no bugs ? does yours eat the dirt at all ? Mine eats everything that falls or is on the floor . I do wish i had a subtract held some humidity . Just don't want him to eat ot . when he gets bigger i don't think that will be as big a problem . Also does you room smell like dirt ?

Thanks !!!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I still will stck with some kind of liner, pond liner,something even as a adult being mine is kept inside,easy to clean lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029