• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

down for the count

wyattroa

5 Year Member
well think my gu is going down for the count for winter. i have seen her once in the past 4 days... all i can really see is her nose once in a while sticking out of her burrow. also has not ate in 5 days. It amazing how fast it changes..she was eating like a pig right up until then. lol
robert

wyattroa

5 Year Member
well fluffy likes to make me look like a fool..lol..i went up to her room to check her out and she was out basking. She is also in a new shed as well. So i went down stairs and thawed a couple small mice for her... by the time i got upstairs she was back in her burrow and had the entrance covered up..lol..
robert

wyattroa

5 Year Member
well she is something else.. she came back out as i was on the comp by her cage and sniffing around like crazy for food. so i got her 3 small mice and she ate them all.. then she was still trying to bite the floor.. so i got her another mouse which i would say was a decent size and she downed that.. no more sniffing.. just laid on my comp to get warm..lol... i got a good picture.. there might have just been a certain site on the web page too..lol
robert

kschlunegger

5 Year Member
I just got my hatchling today and he wants to bury himself. Do you think he is going to try to hibernate already? He doesnt want to eat, but maybe he is still stressed from the plane.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
when i got my girl the first day she buried herself.. i also had 7 inches of cyprss mulch so i thought i lost her or she got out.. i searched through all the mulch and finally found her..

I would give her a couple days she will come out..mine did. It is all new surroundings to her.
robert

kschlunegger

5 Year Member
He is already starting to hang out at the "basking rock coral" today. I hope he will start eating soon too. Thanks Robert.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029