• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dozer Constipated or impacted

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Finally Eating Fruit
Good to see him eating fruit. Ain't getting constipated on berries.

I really don't know how much is best in their diet. Like most anything, needs probably vary over age and maybe sex. My young adults will take fruit, which I only throw in maybe once a month. They especially like strawberries. Here again, I don't know if that's too much or too little. Is fruit at some amount necessary, what you eat because you're hungry and OK, or a waste of food/worthless for them?

Other Lizards that appear to otherwise be strong insectivores or carnivores will eat fruits in the wild, such as Knight Anoles, Cuban Green Anoles.
Other carnivores, like Snapping Turtles, will specifically eat vegetation.

I reckon it certainly does not hurt them and probably to some extent is good for them. The length of their intestines would provide a clue. Short for carnivore, long for herbivore, intermediate for intermediate.

IMG_20160815_130208.jpg
thats my buddy

DangerousDann

I really don't know how much is best in their diet. Like most anything, needs probably vary over age and maybe sex. My young adults will take fruit, which I only throw in maybe once a month. They especially like strawberries. Here again, I don't know if that's too much or too little. Is fruit at some amount necessary, what you eat because you're hungry and OK, or a waste of food/worthless for them?

Other Lizards that appear to otherwise be strong insectivores or carnivores will eat fruits in the wild, such as Knight Anoles, Cuban Green Anoles.

I reckon it certainly does not hurt them and probably to some extent is good for them. The length of their intestines would provide a clue. Short for carnivore, long for herbivore, intermediate for intermediate.
Thanks, I just to make sure I don't over do it, he seems to love the blackberries a lot. I want to make sure I avoid issues like before. I'm still considering building a new enclosure for him with a better lighting set up, just have to get the time to do it (I just built an enclosure for my other half Iguana which took about 5 days 6x6x3)

DangerousDann

Thanks, I just to make sure I don't over do it, he seems to love the blackberries a lot. I want to make sure I avoid issues like before. I'm still considering building a new enclosure for him with a better lighting set up, just have to get the time to do it (I just built an enclosure for my other half Iguana which took about 5 days 6x6x3)
This is the enclosure I built for the iguana (a lil off topic I know ) but I think I getting the hang of building stuff by myself.

Savemygrave

I like to give a good mix with Olive. I will offer fruit and veg most days she will always eat it. I mix it in with turkey, salmon, you name it (along side the occasional chick or small rat). Her favourite's are Sharon fruit, papaya, kiwi, melon, sweet potato and squash. Sometimes she even likes a little bit of kale.
If you only feed them rats as a staple you're going to expect constipation or impaction at some point!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980