• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dubia roach colony wanted?

Diesel

Hello everyone, i am wanting to start a dubia roach colony so if anyone has any starters or anything give me a price. I want to start one as soon as i can :) thank you!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Look on craigslist, I found a lady who sold me a couple hundred mix sizes for only $50. They were great, my beardie and my savy both loved them. I don't have the colony anymore but they were suuuper easy to maintain.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
check under the pet section as well as in the general for sale section. you can probably find some on faunaclassifieds.com im not sure about prices though

got10

yea check craigslist or depending on where you live go to your local reptile exotic pet show.

Diesel

i live in utah 2 hours away from the big city. Could someone find out for me or possibly give me a link to find one. when i bought my columbian from a person they were selling their dubias with them. had about 10000 for 150. Plus the 40 gallon tank and the heat for it. I believe i missed out on the best deal of my life!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Ken the bug guy, $80.00 for 500 or $120.00 for 1000
http://www.kenthebugguy.com/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=8rb6sbbbjnic0q084a4ag0gog3

...Jefroka

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
http://www.kenthebugguy.com/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=8rb6sbbbjnic0q084a4ag0gog3

...Jefroka

I bet you get alot of really small nymphs in these quantities.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Jefroka said:

...Jefroka

I bet you get alot of really small nymphs in these quantities.

Says on the site the 500 are mostly nymphs, the 1000 mixed sized adults included.

I would set up any Dubia colony, then leave them to build up regardless of size, albeit you could feed some right away if purchased larger than smaller but that depends on what you're feeding as well.

...Jefroka

herpgirl2510

http://www.buydubiaroaches.com/forsale.html
I just started buying from these guys they arrive quickly and are the cheapest I have found.

Joshjack90

james.w said:
Joshjack90 said:
where are you located? ihave a ton of roaches! im in cincinnati ohio...

Do you have dubias? Will you ship?

yes i have dubias, a few thousand and about 60 good breeders. IDK if i can ship, i have never shipped anything that was alive..
iLovePanda265 said:
Joshjack90 said:
where are you located? ihave a ton of roaches! im in cincinnati ohio...

Hey, I was wondering how much it would cost for like 100 or 200 mixed nymphs, I'm in Liberty Township, Ohio

i could do like 100-200, make an offer. PM me and we can make arrangements! THANKS!

Diesel

i actually found this guy i am gonna buy his colony from for $110. there are over 1500 roaches and it is a fully established colony. he has had it for 2 years and i am gonna go get it on monday :) seems like a pretty great deal to me!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Diesel said:
i actually found this guy i am gonna buy his colony from for $110. there are over 1500 roaches and it is a fully established colony. he has had it for 2 years and i am gonna go get it on monday :) seems like a pretty great deal to me!

Congrats on the sweet find.

Diesel

Thank you! i know you have been searching for more roaches for your colony so i wish you good luck! maybe after a while i will bring you some if you are still looking. I travel down to vegas and mesquite quite often. In fact i just go back from there today!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, I could use some more if you have some to spare. Just let me know when you are down this way and have some to spare. Thanks

Joshjack90

Diesel said:

NICE!! haha thats a pretty good deal i guess for an established colony!! I got LUCKY with mine, i got a fully established colony with 50 breeders and 1000 nymphs for $25:) GOTTA LOVE CRAIGSLIST!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980