• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dubia Roach Question

Marlene

5 Year Member
I was wondering about their growth rate. I know that it depends upon their conditions, such as food, heating and humidity, but I was just wondering, on average, how quick the nymphs grow.

Thank you!

Pikey

5 Year Member
mine take about 2 months or so to be adults (give or take a week or so dont really keep that close of an eye on them)

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Marlene said:
I was wondering about their growth rate. I know that it depends upon their conditions, such as food, heating and humidity, but I was just wondering, on average, how quick the nymphs grow.

Thank you!

About 6 weeks is what I've noticed. BTW, the most important necessity with dubias I have found to be water.

Try and mist their enclosure every other day, every day even better. I feed mine veggie scraps & fish flakes.

With adequate water, heat & food, they will reproduce at a decent rate. If you are lax with the water, reproductive rates go wayyyyyyy down.

...Jefroka

Marlene

5 Year Member
Thanks for all of the info! They're cage is kept at a high humidity range, it was at 86% this morning and about 87 degrees. I bought some roach food from "the roach guy" and they get some veggies every now and then, along with my left over beardie pellets from when I had a bearded dragon.

Pikey

5 Year Member
i use cat food (in a blender) i pour it in a pile at 1 end of the tub
then the get enriched water crystals and baby food at the other

they seem to do fine and yeah no way 6 months

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Yeah they grow better at higher temperatures and they also reproduce faster this way. It's probably two weeks like others said.

I always have a bountiful supply of water crystals in the enclosure. Also, I provide grains, oats, oranges, potatoes, carrots, collard greens, and very expensive catfood with ZERO additives (no dye, etc). Remember, what they eat, your lizards are eating.

Marlene

5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Yeah they grow better at higher temperatures and they also reproduce faster this way. It's probably two weeks like others said.

I always have a bountiful supply of water crystals in the enclosure. Also, I provide grains, oats, oranges, potatoes, carrots, collard greens, and very expensive catfood with ZERO additives (no dye, etc). Remember, what they eat, your lizards are eating.
Yeah, that's why I've never really fed my feeders anything aside from the best! I ran out of salad though, so I have to go do some shopping! Of all the websites I've been on, none of them state the growth rate, their care sheets are very well written and informative, they just didn't have the info that I needed, lol.

Marlene

5 Year Member
Hmm, kitten food, y'know, that's actually a brilliant idea! I've just been buying roach chow and sprinkling some reptile vitamins in it, but I might just have to add some kitten chow too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744