• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eating after egg laying?

Brandon7777

I have a female that just laid her first clutch of eggs (I've had her for about 4 years now) and I was wondering how long after laying her eggs will she start feeding again?

dustintp

mine ate day of right after I took her out to collect the eggs. She didn't eat a lot for the next 3 days only a couple bites. She demolished some mice yesterday ( 4 days after laying). Maybe try one of her favorites?

Brandon7777

She finally did eat a medium rat. She's the pickiest Tegu I've ever seen (although, she's only my third one). She doesn't seem to like much, although I haven't introduced her to the whole gauntlet of foods they can eat. Fruit is pretty much out and most of the time she even snubs her nose at ground turkey. She will eat chicken sometimes and of course rats (the only thing she seems to truly like), but even eggs she hasn't been interested in eating. \\

Anyways, thanks for the response. She just looked so small after laying her eggs and I wanted to make sure she would start eating again soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029