• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eating Problems

naleme

So i got my Male Black and Argentine Tegu on sunday and he hasnt eaten anything except 2 blueberries. I tried give him some feeder mice today but he seemed interested for a few licks then walked off. Can the reason why he isnt eating be because hes still adjusting to the new enviroment?

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea he still adjusting but if it goes longer than a week or two u got to get him check, also whats type of enclosure is he in substrate wats temps and wat u using for uvb

from Samsung Galaxy S3

naleme

My room is his enclosure and i use a humidifier to keep up the humidity. Also his basking spot at the corner of my room is 112 degrees. Its a little hotter then what its supposed to be but he has no problem with it. Also im using a 10.0 by zoomed

jondancer

Might take him a while to get use to living in a bedroom. When he is ready he will eat everything in sight. Was he hibernating before you got him?

naleme

And the only time he's in a enclosure is when i go to school. I take him out as soon as i get back

YES he was hibernating. The seller told me he should still be eating though. So maybe just getting used to the enviroment? He's really tame so thats the reason im letting him roam free

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was asking because keeping a tegu in a room would not be recommended for a new tegu owner. If he was hibernating, that will be a huge factor in why he isn't eating. Another is the fact he is in a new place and needs time to settle/acclimate.

naleme

This is my first tegu that actually is hibernating/hibernated. So i should probably let him get used to the new setting and let him wake his sleepy head up from hibernating haha.

naleme

Lol...

Never mind this post! He just ate a fat mice today :)

Look at that spaghetti :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel