• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enclosure is built but...

sandtopaz

5 Year Member
we can't seem to find any 100% cypress mulch...

I spoke to about 8 places this morning and found out everyone has the blended 70/30 cypress mulch. We have a new 12' x 6.5' outdoor enclosure that I would like to put down some mulch on top of the dirt.

We may have realized this morning that the last 4 months, we have used blended mulch from home depot. The wife noticed the new bag now says "cypress with other natural forest products" and the old bag just said cypress under the ingredient area. Although, both bags say "cypress blend" on the front.

Is the pine and cedar in this mulch only toxic when ingested?? I know I read somewhere that also fine dust particles may be a factor. Would this be true for the higher cypress blend material as well??

We are so excited to put Diego out in his new home but wanted to put some type of substrate down first.... and now I can't find it!!!

We are in Orange Park, Florida, just south of Jacksonville. If anyone knows where I can get 100% at a reasonable price, or known experiences with the blended stuff, please let us know.

Thanks,
Scott & Sandy

PS...Bobby, it was nice talking to you earlier this morning. Was the dirt for your new enclosure?

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I dunno. I got some from Wal-Mart, where i work, and the bag says "100% organic cypress." Maybe you could try a local Wal-Mart, in the garden center?

sandtopaz

5 Year Member
CaseyUndead said:
I dunno. I got some from Wal-Mart, where i work, and the bag says "100% organic cypress." Maybe you could try a local Wal-Mart, in the garden center?

Thanks... the wife said she looked but I will look again, even try a different store...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me