• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enclosure Update

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So as I posted earlier 28" isn't tall enough for an enclosure if you plan on putting the lights inside. So here is where I'm at now with my enclosure

cageupdate2.jpg

Cageupdate.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, I was gonna move him in this past weekend, but ran into this snag. Hopefully I can have it ready tomorrow, and let it air out for a week or two. I need to get him out of the enclosure he is in now because water is getting into the melamine and it is swelling up pretty bad in one of the corners.

Orion

5 Year Member
Good job on the cage. I was just in the process of making a new 4x8 foot cage for my 3 Tegus. I drew the dimensions out and figured that it had to be 40 inches tall.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've probably spent a total of 24 hours actually working on it.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Was there another thread on more of a step-by-step kind of thing? It looks really nice, I'm thinking about building a different enclosure for my larger male, I don't think that 3.5' deep is going to be large enough if he gets anymore length on him.

Or even just like materials used or something

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No I never posted a step-by-step. I think I have one other post with pics of a couple different points of the build though. I will eventually build him a bigger cage and use this one for my Rhino.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is my cage, all finished. Just need to get the soil/sand mix and fill it up.

tegucage.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It looks great! Is the top going to be semi easy to take off if you have to move it? Post pics when its all moved into! :D

Kebechet

james.w said:
Here is my cage, all finished. Just need to get the soil/sand mix and fill it up.

tegucage.jpg

Looks great James! :D Can't wait to see it when you've got the interior worked out.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
rhetoricx said:
It looks great! Is the top going to be semi easy to take off if you have to move it? Post pics when its all moved into! :D

It shouldn't be too hard to take off. The problem will be all the "dirt" that will be in it.

adam1120

how did you do your window? i wanna do my tank just like that how much did it cost you and what all did you use for the tank if you dont mind me asking this question:D ima get started on my tank within a few day soo excited:D

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used 2x2s and 2x4 for the frame (wish I would have used all 2x4s), and 1/2" plywood. Drylok on the inside. For the doors I used 2x2s on the top and bottom with 1/4" grooved cut in them for the 1/4" glass. The glass is the same width as the 2x2s and than 2x4s on the ends to keep the glass in place. I don't really know what it cost me, I took quite a while to build it and didn't really keep track.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tegucage006.jpg

tegucage005.jpg

The main rectangular portion and the top and bottom are 2x2s and the rest is 2x4. There are 3 2x4s on the bottom for support as well as the 2x2s on the ends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu