• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

entamoeba??

Pony

5 Year Member
Ok guys, My red who was previously a fatty has quickly gotten skinny in the body but his tail which used to have a small thick piece, now has a huge long thick piece and his tail looks like it grew a few inches. He used to be up and active with a healthy appetite. Now all he does is curl up and sleep and he didn't want the food and hasn't been interested in eating. If you disturb him, hes all sleepy looking and acts like someone who just woke up from a drug coma.

I just took in a crested gecko with entamoeba and even though she's in quarantine in a different floor in my house and I'm careful as hell with it, is it possible for the tegu to get it? My other crested I've had for a while is in the same room with my tegu and the crested is fine.

Is this hibernating or should I bring him to the vet? I cant call the vet and ask for an opinion, they refuse to tell you anything over the phone without forking over at least $60 though I will if I have to.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is getting kind of late for hibernation, I would spend the $60.00 and get him checked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980