• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Excersizing Your Tegu

Jefroka

5 Year Member
This is a reminder to all tegu owners not to neglect this important element in care.

Yes, you've provided all the essentials, water, food, uvb, heat for basking, large enclosure but remember, tegus living in a cage do not get the excersize they would ordinarily get in the wild.

In the wild, they will be on the prowl searching for food, lots of locomotion, except of course when they are hibernating, but you get the point.

Get your gu a harness and take him/her outside in the sun and let them work those muscles. It'll also help with obesity issues, and being in the sun will help ward off mbd.

For you owners still experiencing cold winter temps, if your gu isn't hibernating, after you feed your gu, let him/her roam a bit inside your home in an escape free environment.

Hope this post helps someone.

...Jefroka

The captain

5 Year Member
Thats a great point man. I don't let Ms. Bean wander around nearly as much as i should. I guess since she is already so tame, I don't take her out for anything other than her bath once a week.

She seems like she could benefit from some muscle tone.

Marlene

5 Year Member
My tegu gets to hang out with me all day every day, except on weekends, then it gets to come out at night when I get home. My 'gu is very hyper too!

mikecrowder23

5 Year Member
I take chewie out about 3-4 times a week to roam after she poos (otherwise it ends up on the carpet..not fun) it used to be every day but i just rescued a 3 yr old presa canario and she is still learning not to sniff and bother the gu so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan