• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Expensive

ierowe

5 Year Member
I am looking at getting a tegu.(doing tons of research right now) I cannot seem to get a clear answer as to what it costs to feed one per week as an adult. One forum said 120 bucks per week. Any answers appreciated.

Thanks

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
depends on the season, in spring i prolly spent roughly 25-35 bucks a week

now that it's getting into brumation time she only eats every 2-3 days so i'd say half that 15-20$

edit: during her growth spurt in summer she was eating twice as much, maybe 50-60 bucks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOW!! What are you guys feeding your Tegu's??!! Our adults eat every 2 days, alternating 1 rodent, ground turkey and fish, with some fruit. I'm figuring $5 each per week. But I'm not stuffing them for hibernation.

Beasty

5 Year Member
:shock: Amen! $50-60 a WEEK? HoOoly crap! You're supposed to take the gold jewelry OFF the rat first! ;)

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
My one tegu was costing about $30-$35 a week to feed which was alot more than I thought it was going to be and turned out to be a pretty substantial amount ($90-$100 a month). But I got through it well enough, also the thing hibernates for like 7 months too which mine is currently on its third month and for that amount of time your not feeding it, so its actualy pennies a dayif you look at the entire year instead of just a week when its awake. Much less money than any other large pet in the big picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029