• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme aggression

Giovanni

I got my tegu an adult cage and everything was fine all the lights and humidity were set and I've been feeding him dead mice but for the past day or so he's been EXTREMELY aggressive. He's always jumping at the sight of anything that comes by the cage and tries to attack it. I had opened the cage this morning and hung out with him for a but and then later he just went crazy. I figured giving him a much bigger cage would make him happy but he's gotten worse than before. It's starting to concern my girlfriend who I live with and the fear if he got out he would attack our dog. He's bitten me before out of no where and things have gotten worse lately. I have no idea what to do at this point

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hes nervous especially in a new surrounding, especially with more open space, give him some time

bfb345

he needs more than 2 large mice he needs ground meats and fruits or more variety of whole foods such as chicks ducklings or quail

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Another thing I have noticed, at least with niles, when I put him in the bigger enclosure his personality changed. The change of environment plus location and open space does kind of freak them out. Time and patience and develop trust with him. Like no grabbing or forcing anything. Even sweet gentle niles has scampered away or pulled the 'alligator roll ' on me. Holding him on lap with a towel can help maintain more control and something for him to 'hide under ' for security

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Also, do you feed in cage or tub? And is there a time he eats each day or just randomly. Could he be seeing people passing by as 'feeding time ' ... ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu