• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eyelash Viper Feeding Video

Riplee

5 Year Member
monstruo-the-tegu said:
AHHHHHH THAT IS SO FREAKIN COOL XD I CANT WAIT TILL IM 18 AND I MOVE OUT SO I CAN GET A VENOMOUS SNAKE
Thanks. Yeah. Its so cool. But beside cool you need be very careful ..lol

frost

1,000+ Post Club
do you know what kinda venom they have? i have a fascination with venom.=D

Dana C

monstruo-the-tegu said:
AHHHHHH THAT IS SO FREAKIN COOL XD I CANT WAIT TILL IM 18 AND I MOVE OUT SO I CAN GET A VENOMOUS SNAKE

Hopefully when you are of age, you won't get one because of the cool factor. That is not the reason one should own one. In fact, I don't think that if I had one I would tell anyone or show it to anyone.
Given that, unless you are into the science and you are absolutely sure antivenom is available and close at hand, there is no reason to own one in my humble opinion. They will never be "tame". You won't be able to handle them without risking your life and without a very, very experienced mentor the outcome is almost certain to be grim.
I am sorry to be a spoil sport but all venomous snakes are very risky pets.
Look up the number of people that die yearly or those who lose fingers, hands etc.

Riplee

5 Year Member
Dana C said:
monstruo-the-tegu said:

Hopefully when you are of age, you won't get one because of the cool factor. That is not the reason one should own one. In fact, I don't think that if I had one I would tell anyone or show it to anyone.
Given that, unless you are into the science and you are absolutely sure antivenom is available and close at hand, there is no reason to own one in my humble opinion. They will never be "tame". You won't be able to handle them without risking your life and without a very, very experienced mentor the outcome is almost certain to be grim.
I am sorry to be a spoil sport but all venomous snakes are very risky pets.
Look up the number of people that die yearly or those who lose fingers, hands etc.
?
[size=xx-large]“Keeping Venomous Reptiles is a very unforgiving hobby that requires proper training and lots of experience. One simple mistake can be the difference between life and Death ”[/size]

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
The most toxic animal I've ever owned is my fire bellied toad. I'd personally rather own a constrictor I could safely interact with than any species of venomous snake. Just be careful, man. We don't want you to become a statistic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me