• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding Bin

whiteheadnathan

5 Year Member
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be to convert my baby tegus feeding patterns from what it is used to. It was fed in the tank at the breeders place but i want to feed it outside the tank. How long should i wait to feed it in a seperate tank? and how long will it take for the tegu to realize that this is where it should eat? Will it eat in the tank the first time i try this out or will it take a couple of attempts?

Thanks in advance for the help!

artist

5 Year Member
ok, well if you just got the tegu, give it time to adjust to its environment. i would say wait for about a week until you start changing its feeding schedule, (but it should not matter where it is fed) i dont think that it matters, they are going to eat no matter what, but i do think that it is wiser to feed outside its enclosure.
good luck with your tegu!!!!:p

whiteheadnathan

5 Year Member
artist said:
ok, well if you just got the tegu, give it time to adjust to its environment. i would say wait for about a week until you start changing its feeding schedule, (but it should not matter where it is fed) i dont think that it matters, they are going to eat no matter what, but i do think that it is wiser to feed outside its enclosure.
good luck with your tegu!!!!:p

Thanks! i know with my Water Dragons they will only eat in their enclosure and they will only eat certain foods, i guess tegus are not as fussy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan