• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding Enclosures?

Sammii

Hey everyone! I just got my new Tegu and I was wondering what everyones suggestion is on a seperate feeding place (like a bin or something similar) specifically for crickets? Im almost tempted to buy another cricket carrier and use that but im wondering if there is a better alternative. Enclosure feeding doesnt seem to be a problem with my Tegu its just that left over crickets (though there is usually only a few) are too hard to catch with the way the enclosure is set up without overly disturbing my Tegu. Any advice is welcome, thank you!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey everyone! I just got my new Tegu and I was wondering what everyones suggestion is on a seperate feeding place (like a bin or something similar) specifically for crickets? Im almost tempted to buy another cricket carrier and use that but im wondering if there is a better alternative. Enclosure feeding doesnt seem to be a problem with my Tegu its just that left over crickets (though there is usually only a few) are too hard to catch with the way the enclosure is set up without overly disturbing my Tegu. Any advice is welcome, thank you!
Hey Sammii- Separate feeding is essential if risk exists of incidentally ingesting substrate that could be harmful. If not, I would pay no mind to errant crickets. In nature, tegus work for a meal!!!!!!

Sammii

Hey Sammii- Separate feeding is essential if risk exists of incidentally ingesting substrate that could be harmful. If not, I would pay no mind to errant crickets. In nature, tegus work for a meal!!!!!!

Thank you! Turok seems to be okay with substrate ive actually seen him kill a cricket just to drop it and make sure he picks it up clean or shake a cricket till all of the substrate comes off. Also I use Coco Husk for substrate, dont know if that helps or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me