• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

feeding schedule?

Jer723

5 Year Member
hi, i just got a new tegu last sunday and he hasnt eaten much, the first day we got him he ate 2 dozen crickets, and he didnt eat all week but today he had 1 f/t fuzzy mouse. i had to put a dish in his enclosure because he would not eat in the bin. have any of you guys seen this in your tegus, like not eating at first and not eating in the bin? is it normal? and could you guys give me a good feeding schedule for my tegu? i dont know how old he is because he probably already went through hibernation but he is about 11 inches long from head to tail. please guys this is my first tegu, and im worried about him, i hope hes alright, your responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jerry

Jer723

5 Year Member
also sorry i didnt add this in i have tried to feed him,

turkey/cod liver oil mixture
crickets
mealworms
superworms

Is there any thing else you guys reccomend for feeding my tegu?
Thanks

jerry

ZEKE

5 Year Member
have you read this? <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=20</a><!-- l -->

there is a long section about feeding.

and here is a long list of different foods. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353</a><!-- l -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus