• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
How much should a healthy yearling Tegu be fed/ If possible could someone list everything you feed your yearlings/ Thanks so much

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed my tegu almost every day...of course, she is way undersized...

So far, I have gotten her to eat pinkies, big moths, crickets, superworms, egg, banana, and strawberry, to name the main food items.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
I do feed Coco everyday, but how much. So far she's been eating minimum of 3 pinks, anywhere from 3-5 supers, and however many crix I throw in there. Sh will only seldomly accept eggs, and no veggies whatsoever.

I was just wondering how everyone else feeds so I can work on her diet a little.
Should I be feeding less pinks, and more insects/ Any other meats I should try/ Should I focus harder on fruits and veggies/ ect

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you see the food list?? It will give you tons of ideas.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1353">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1353</a><!-- m -->

I think for each tegu it varies on how much they will eat. Over time you will come familiar with how much your tegu should eat. You can tell when their stomachs are full or not.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When they are small, you can pretty much feed tegus as much as they can eat everyday. As long as you have a proper set up, it won't get fat. A yearling should eat a lot, but as puff said, you can gauge how much to feed your tegu.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Ok so just feed her as much as she will eat correct? I was just worried that she might get fat if that was done. Thanks everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me