• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Felony case hinges on if lizard is a 'companion animal'

desiree

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=115114">http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=115114</a><!-- m -->
see link for complete article

"Whether pet lizards can be as important to a person as cats, dogs and other cuddly critters is the crux of a case against a West Dundee woman facing animal cruelty allegations.

Sara Tinsley, 37, is charged with stabbing her estranged husband's pet lizards, a pair of bearded dragons named Ethel and Fred, during an April 2 row at their former home.

..."

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
thats really messed up, I would have went over there and done the same thing to her, that she did with my lizards. No Joke

greentriple

5 Year Member
"Under Illinois law, a companion animal must be considered a pet by its owner, or animals commonly thought of as pets, such as a dog or house cat, Pencyla said." From what the paper says, it reads as if the determination is subjective. It's an "or" statement not an "and".

Coldthirst - not sure your approach is any healthier than hers. And your considerations are definably a crime if carried out.

Lexi - she does have issues, one of them is being in an abusive relationship, assuming the allegations against the ex-husband are true.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i dont care if she was being abused or not.. she has no right to take it out on a living creature!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Green how can you even ASK that! are you kidding me? my animals need to eat..I buy feeders they are ment to be fed to things. This LADY threw these lizards at a wall and Stabbed them!!!!!!!! THAT IS NOTHING LIKE FEEDING LIVE RODENTS..
omg i cant believe you even asked that me that. how ridiculous.

greentriple

5 Year Member
Lexi, you're right the two are very different and for the most part not comparable. I was simply addressing the "living creature" part. But, I agree with you 100% her action were wrong regardless of what did or did not happen to her. The dragons are innocent victims of her insane rage.

As for feeders, well that's a whole different discussion. I will only say that IMO it's not humane to feed live animals to other live animals. I know the reasons for and against it and I'm not taking any other position other than the one I just mentioned. This is particularly true when people feed live because they enjoy seeing the kill, etc..., as we can see on youtube. To me it's not much different than dog fighting or **** fighting or even pitting insects against echother for sport. Now I have fed live in the past, I just don't do it anymore. And I would not say that feeding live is wrong, it's just different than what I do.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
its not Humane? and what we do to the animals we eat is Humane?
Why dont you go take a look at this site and watch the video....

playlboi

5 Year Member
i think she should have at least taken it out on the dude, if the allegations are true, if her ex-husband beat her or whatever. i mean, to take it out on a bearded dragon. a bearded dragon? come on! that's ridiculous.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lexi said:
its not Humane? and what we do to the animals we eat is Humane?
Why dont you go take a look at this site and watch the video....<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.goveg.com/feat/butterball/butterball.asp">http://www.goveg.com/feat/butterball/butterball.asp</a><!-- m -->

OH gzzz not a PETA video. Ok for one thing PETA makes alot of their own vedios, i mean they stage the places and do the crulty themselves. Secondly ya that is the way turkeys are processed. Its cheep and afficant becuase people aren't willing to pay higher cost for turkey meat.

If you want to really know about feed processing then vist a slaughter house or prcessing plant, i use to work at one and still intern there. Trust me you dont stress the animals out becuase then u just get bad meat.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
greentriple said:
As for feeders, well that's a whole different discussion. I will only say that IMO it's not humane to feed live animals to other live animals. I know the reasons for and against it and I'm not taking any other position other than the one I just mentioned. This is particularly true when people feed live because they enjoy seeing the kill, etc..., as we can see on youtube. To me it's not much different than dog fighting or **** fighting or even pitting insects against echother for sport. Now I have fed live in the past, I just don't do it anymore. And I would not say that feeding live is wrong, it's just different than what I do.

Amen brother. Amen.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
what do feeders have to do with anything?..Oh yeah thats right .. NOTHING

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980